The main differences between silicone and PVC are as follows:
1. PVC products are made of polyvinyl chloride, oil, and color paste. The raw materials are made by heating and cooling with a micro-injection dripping process. For silica gel, it is only necessary to use silica gel plus color master paste for chemical elements to be compressed and blended by a rubber mixing machine, and then placed in a mold and heated and cooled by a hydraulic press for forming.
2. From the outside, PVC products are rougher than silicone products, and the surface of silicone products is smooth and colored.
3. Judging by the hand feel, silicone products are soft, with good toughness and elasticity, while PVC soft rubber is relatively less hard, and the hardness of both can be adjusted, but PVC has no toughness.
4. PVC materials have common materials and environmentally friendly materials, also called ATBC-PVC, while silica gel can pass ROHS certification and is environmentally friendly.
5. Silica gel products are generally made relatively transparent, with a relatively small burning smell, and the product is in powder form, while PVC products will turn black after being burned with a fire, and the smell will be unpleasant when burning.
6. Silicone products are more heat-resistant and cold-resistant in PVC products. Silicone products can be heated in a microwave oven, but PVC cannot.
Fengzhan Electronic Technology Co., Ltd produces a variety of PVC cable, silicone cable, and can customize various sizes of cables according to customer requirements.
Contact: Lynn Long
Phone: 0086 13640200141
Add: No. 19, Minye Street, Zhufoling Community, Tangxia Town, Dongguan City, China