Compared with aluminum core cables, copper core cables have the following advantages:
1. Good stability and corrosion resistance-the copper core is resistant to oxidation and corrosion, while the aluminum core is susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
2. The heating temperature is low-under the same current, the copper core cable with the same cross section has much smaller heat than the aluminum core cable, which makes the operation safer.
3. Low resistivity-the resistivity of aluminum core cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper core cable.
4. High strength-the allowable stress at room temperature, copper is 7 to 28% higher than aluminum. Especially the stress at high temperature, the difference between the two is even greater.
5. Large current carrying capacity-due to the low resistivity, the copper core cable with the same cross-section is about 30% higher than the allowable current carrying capacity (the maximum current that can pass) of the aluminum core cable
6, low energy consumption-due to the low electrical resistivity of copper, compared to aluminum cables, copper cables have low power loss, which is obvious. This is conducive to improving the utilization rate of power generation and protecting the environment.
7, anti-fatigue performance-aluminum is easy to break after repeated bending, while copper is not easy. In terms of elasticity index, copper is also about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
8. Good ductility-the ductility of copper alloy is 20-40%, the ductility of electrical copper is more than 30%, while the ductility of aluminum alloy is only 18%.
9. Oxidation resistance and corrosion resistance-the performance of the connector of the copper core cable is stable, and there will be no accidents due to oxidation. When the connector of aluminum core cable is unstable, the contact resistance will increase due to oxidation and heat will cause accidents. Therefore, the accident rate is much greater than that of copper core cables.
10. Low voltage loss-due to the low resistivity of the copper core cable, the same current flows in the same section. The voltage drop of the copper core cable is small. The same transmission distance can ensure higher voltage quality; under the conditions of allowable voltage drop, the copper core cable can reach a longer distance for power transmission, the power supply covers a large area, which is beneficial to network planning and reduces the number of power supply points. .
11. Convenient construction, The copper core is flexible and the allowable bend radius is small, so it is convenient to turn and easy to pass through;
The copper core is anti-fatigue, and it is not easy to be broken after repeated bending, so the wiring is convenient; The copper core has high mechanical strength and can withstand greater mechanical tension, which brings great convenience to construction and laying, and also creates conditions for mechanized construction.
Dongguan Fengzhan Electronic Technology Co., Ltd specializes in manufacturing various copper core cables, such as: pvc insulated wire, silicone wire, teflon wire, multicore cable, etc.
Contact: Lynn Long
Phone: 0086 13640200141
Add: No. 19, Minye Street, Zhufoling Community, Tangxia Town, Dongguan City, China